The singer studied with Lavinia Chereches at the University of Oradea and was a student of Gheorghe Roşu and Alexandru Farcas at the Gheorghe Dima Academy of Music, Cluj-Napoca. In 2006 she won the Special Prize at the International Singing Competition in Bad Mergentheim and was awarded the Ágnes Kriza Prize of the Hungarian Opera of Cluj in 2007.
Born in Debrecen in 1983, he attended the Zoltán Kodály Conservatory of Music studying solfeggio- music theory and church music. Having finished school in 2002 he enrolled at the Conservatory of Debrecen University. He has learned singing since he was eighteen; his master to this day is Éva Mohos Nagy PhD. In 2006 he won the 4th József Simándy Singing Competition, in 2007 the International Singing Competition Ferruccio Tagliavini, and a year later he was awarded with the Special Prize at the Hans Gabor Belvedere Singing Competition in Vienna.
Born into a musical family in Szeged he studied solo singing at Szeged University, Faculty of Music, between 2002 and 2006; his master in singing was István Andrejcsik. In 2008 he graduated from the Liszt Ferenc Academy of Music, Opera Department, where his professor of singing was Éva Marton, for stage movement and acting he had Balázs Kovalik. While still at the Academy he was engaged in the Elektra production of the Hungarian State Opera.
Szilvia Vörös was born into a musical family in 1988. She attended the Secondary Boarding School of the Reformed Church in Pápa, later studied solo singing at the Richter János Conservatory of Music in Győr for two years. As a student of Veronika Dobi-Kiss she won first category at the 4th National Simándy Singing Competition in April 2008.
Born in Sajószentpéter in 1981, he spent his childhood in Perkupa near Aggtelek. He studied at the Béla Bartók Conservatory of Music, Budapest with Mária Fekete. From 2003 onwards his master at the Liszt Ferenc Academy of Music was Sándor Sólyom-Nagy; besides he improved on his knowledge under the guidance of Ádám Medveczky, Péter Oberfrank, and Balázs Kovalik.
Born into a musical family in Budapest in 1963, he attended the Madách Secondary School there. After learning composition at the Béla Bartók Conservatory of Music, he first studied choral conducting with István Párkai and orchestral conducting under Ervin Lukács at the Liszt Ferenc Academy of Music. He attended the master classes of Helmuth Rilling in Leipzig, Jorma Paula at the Sibelius Academy and Péter Eötvös at the Bartók Seminar of Szombathely. He concluded his studies with Professor Karl Österreicher at the Academy of Music, Vienna.
The Cantemus Children’s Choir (founded in 1975 by Dénes Szabó) is the multi international prize winning senior pupils’ choir of the Kodály Zoltán Primary School in Nyiregyháza, Hungary. Since its formation in 1975 the choir has achieved the highest of standards in choral performance and has travelled extensively to give concerts, compete, and take part in festivals in countries throughout Europe and the rest of the world – including Australia, Canada, Japan, Korea, South America and the United States of America.
Most members of the Cantemus Mixed Voice Choir were pupils of the Kodály Zoltán Primary School. Today they are university students or working professionals whose lives all share a common interest – Cantemus. The choir – founded by Dénes Szabó – initially came together only to rehearse and perform on special occasions (one of which was a performance of Spem in Alium by Thomas Tallis) and eventually began to work independently in 1998 under the baton of Soma Szabó.
May 13th, 1923 marked a decisive moment in the musical life of the town Debrecen when the local philharmonic orchestra gave its first public concert there. Called the Philharmonic Orchestra of the Hungarian Railways of Debrecen at the time, it soon became the first symphonic orchestra of Hungary resident outside Budapest. It was first directed by Emil Ábrányi who was succeeded by Vilmos Rubányi.
Founded by György Gulyás in 1955, it was the choir of the Conservatory of Music at the time of its establishment. The first overwhelming international success was achieved at the Choral Festival organized at Llangollen, Wales, in the category of girls’ choir, in 1958. The victory in Arezzo, Italy, a year later started their career as a mixed choir. Since 1971 the Kodály Choir has been a professional ensemble maintained by Debrecen, the second largest town of Hungary.